Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Bucket of Wildflowers

The sand, the wind, the noise that the ocean makes,
Even when my life is a mess
And life just takes and takes…

Just being here,
knowing my feet are buried in the cool of the sand,
And the wind,
Blowing, sweeping my hair and cooling the land,
Is enough.

Watching my kids run, jump, dig, bury, swim, laugh and
Even scream,
Makes my tummy feel like butterflies are there and this must
Be a dream.

I guess I’ve always felt alone,
Always wanting
A friend,
A date,
A mate;
Just a loving someone.

I believe I see so many things that are awesome and neat,
Happy and sweet.
It quickly becomes quite bitter, however…
Because it should be shared,
All that,
With a someone to last forever.

Two little girls running to and fro,
Throwing rocks in the ocean, standing knee deep;
Pink and brown with a tiny strap resting across her back,
And a variety of pinks and 2 pretty greens, with a sloppy bow, hanging just so.
A freckled face, wet ponytails and brown coconut skin;
Why wouldn’t someone want this for him?

The girls brought me a rose, sand covered and looking a bit worn. Wishing “my” man had given it to me…
As we strolled hand and hand…

Then a loud shriek
and a sand covered little girl
brings me back to reality…

And I remember,
I don’t even like roses, so, no need to be torn.

There’s a fresh cut bucket of wild flowers;
Gerber daisies, lilies, snap dragons and sunflowers
just waiting,
To be picked for me by someone,
“my” someone,
“my” forever someone.

I just need to trust and pray,
Have faith and wait.

One day he is coming…

We have to leave this ocean side paradise,
But we will return again soon,
Maybe even tomorrow.

As I leave,
The rose lays in the sand,
It’s petals flickering from the ocean breeze
and
the sun dancing off it’s deep red color;
The particles of sand make it shimmer and glow.

One red long stemmed rose;
Waiting for someone to pick it up and hold it tight;
Appreciating its beauty and flaws,
And take it home and love it anyway.

One bucket of wildflowers;
Waiting for someone to pick it up and hold it right;
Appreciating how pretty and the sprawling ways,
And take it home and love it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment